What is SIU Message?
Scheduling Information Unsolicited (SIU) messages are used to communicate information about a patient’s appointment from the hospital scheduling system to a physician or clinic’s practice management system.The SIU messages are generated by the hospital scheduling system and let a physician know that outpatient services are being requested.There are 14 different trigger events for the SIU message, but they all use a common message format.
An SIU message can contain the following information:
- Notification of new appointment booking
- Notification of appointment rescheduling
- Notification of cancellation
- Notification of addition, modification, cancellation, discontinuation, or deletion of
- service or resource on appointment
SCH|00331839401|||||58||HLCK^HEALTHCHECK ANY AGE|20|MIN|^^^200803061000 |||||JOHN||||VALERIE|||||ARRIVED|
PV1|1|O|||||HHR^NGUYENSUSAN MD|^||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||
AIL|1||HHR^FPCS NGUYEN, MD||||||||||
Fields & Description: